Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy 8 months Baby Girl

Dear Alyssa,
It's hard to believe you will be 8 months old tomrorow. 8 months! Time has flown by since you have been here. You are so big now and I find it harder and harder to remember that tiny little newborn I brought home. I'm not sure if you will ever understand how much you have changed our family, for the better. You made Daddy and I better people. You will make your sister an even better person then she would have been. All by just being you. I will always be thankful to you. I'm so proud to be your Mother. I'm so excited for all you have left to teach me. You gave my life new purpose. Last night Daddy and I stayed up late. We snuggled on the couch and talked abotu something we never would have considered before you. We talked about adoption. Now, don't get me wrong...your Momma loves being pregnant and loves having babies and you will get yourself a few more biological sibilings, I am srue of it. But we also are considering, down the road, like years down the road, to bring a sibiling to this family that has an extra choromosome, just like you. You see, Mommy sits up and looks at a website where there are beautiful little babies, just like you with no loving home and it breaks her heart. I can't stop thinking about them. I can't stop wanting to love one of them. I can't stop thinking how faulous it would be for you to have a sibiling just like you. To share the rest of your life with. To get things Mommy and Daddy might not always get. The thought of doing this makes my heart soar. You have brought us to a wholoe new level of selflessness. You are amazing and I will tell you every day. Happy 8 months baby girl.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment