Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Designer Genes..fit

Designer genes fit...and they fit perfectly! It seems as if these first few weeks I was so busy wanting those dang ordinary Target genes to fit that I didn't realize I had DESIGNER genes that fit oh so perfectly with my family. They are beautiful, they are EXTRA special, they are magical genes. Not everyone gets to cuddle someone with a little something extra every night...but I do. Not everyone gets to have someone with a little something extra call them Momma...but I will. I have two, beautiful, unique and special daughters. I am BLESSED. I didn't feel so blessed, no, no I did not. I felt robbed. I felt robbed of my perfect, normal life with my perfect, normal girls. But I NEVER had two, "perfect, normal" girls. I always had that little something extra so why waste time mourning something I never had? I have two, perfectly special, normal daughters. Isn't that extra special? Don't get me wrong, I don't look forward to the challenges my daughter will face. I wish I could take them away and it would be easier for her but really she won't know any different and we will work our hardest to make these challenges easier for her. She will do everything everyone else does but in her own time.  So what if she doesn't crawl until she's one? So what if she doesn't walk until she's two? Don't we as parents want our little ones to stay little forever? Don't we get sad when they take those first steps? Don't we immediately want another baby when our baby isn't such a baby anymore? I get a little longer...a little longer with my baby being a baby and you know what? I've realized that's just fine with me. Oh no, it's not always going to be sunshine and roses. I know that. It's also not always going to be tears and what if's and why me's. I won't allow it to be. The other night, Aubrie went to sleep early with Daddy and I finally got some undivided me time with my little something special and I just held her and looked into those beautiful, almond shaped eyes and cried because she is SO beautiful. She is SO sweet. She is SO mine. I went to bed and snuggled up against my first born and her Daddy and instead of putting that little baby in the bassinet that is inches away from my bed, I did what I said I would never do with #2, I cuddled that baby beside me in bed and put my face next to hers so I could smell her sweet newborn smell and breathe in her sweet milky breathe and all was right in the world. I had the three people I love more then anything snuggled up in our warm, comfy bed, in our teeny, tiny bedroom, in our teeny, tiny house and I felt like I won the lottery.and I did. 1 in 1200 chances of having this little lovebug and I hit the jackpot. I think I'm gonna love life in designer genes. I think I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment